The countdown begins
Well, Week 1 of the deployment is now over. He is in Afghanistan, but not at his final destination yet. I am going to assume that no news is good news since I haven't heard from him since right after he got there, which is totally normal. Since he was sick when he left, I can only hope that he is feeling marginally human again. But I think that is probably just wishful thinking!
The year of Kiki
I don't do resolutions at New Year's, mainly because I find them somewhat of a recipe for failure. It is a proven fact that most people break their resolutions within the first month, and that just totally kills the motivation for me. So I make goals instead. My goals for the year,…
- Lose about 50lbs, more or less. I'm not too picky because I have had 4 kids and I am pushing 40.
- Find some inner peace again. 2008 was a really rough year for me and I really lost faith in a lot of things.
- Get in touch with my spirituality again. Like I said, I lost a lot of faith and my spirituality was one of them.
- Get my house organized and reduce my material goods by at least 25%.
- Make myself a priority, as well as my family.